Monday, October 22, 2012

Start workout!

Dear Reader,

Having Myrtille, a pregnant Yukyin and a need to balance family/work/entertainment life is not easy. Lately, I found out that I put up some weight, on last Friday, I had a Mcdonnald's lunch with a KFC diner... Before you throw stones at me, Yukyin had the same... Now, you can throw even more stones at us :( Seriously, we are just two lazy eaters some time... It does not happen everyday, but yeah... that evening, I felt weird, I just felt all the bad grease running in my veins. I am not fat. I am 177 for 70 kg, which is not really fat, but Yukyin found me a bit on the overweight side, she would like me to be a bit slimmer and obviously healthier.

In terms of diet, my family background is not the healthiest either, in one hand, I might end up like my brother, whose diabetes activated a day in his thirties... :( and in the other hand, my mum's family side is what I would really call being on the overweight side, sorry folks, I don't want to hurt feelings, but I do think weight are on the high side.

As time flies, I got into my thirties myself and my brother's warning got into my head, I need to do some workout, one to lose some weight by reinforcing muscle mass and two, to improve my heart for my older days, three release some stress. :) I can't afford to have both Myrtille and Yukyin worrying about my health.

So, I seriously planed to take back my big butt on my skates and go eat some asphalt.

When Google had their 250M app sold or whatever the amount of sales, they got the Runtastic app on sales, a GPS tracking app... so I took it. 2HKD... A bargain. Last night I used it for the first time. A really good piece of software, not too complex, not too easy either, I needed to take some time to figure out how it worked as I never tried this kind of apps... I did not really know what to expect, but I was expecting the ability to track my route, track the speed, track the time and map it on Google Earth and I think that this app is spot on with all my requirements.
Use was simple, you turn it on, you turn the GPS, which take a insane amount of time to initialize on my phone (a Samsung Galaxy S), and off you go, the app will follow your course.

So here it is, my first workout:
http://www.runtastic.com/en/users/valentin-leung/sport-sessions/29651827

Distance 11.91 km
Pace: 04:36 min/km
Calories: 517 kCal
Elevation: ↑ 119 m

Pretty neat isn't it?
12km for my second workout (I did not have the app ready for my first outing).

Actually, earlier this evening, I was eating this:
A very soft, cheesy, creamy mushroom penne, so I kind of needed the work out :)

To finish, I pray the Lord for our health, my family and mine and hope that you'll also find your way in keeping you healthy.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment