Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pictures of our Growing little Squid

Dear Reader,

First, on the sad side of our family's news. We lost one of our bunnies. We place him at a refuge until Myrtille would be at least one month old. A very nice place where he got unlimited supply of food and care. He was probably getting old or something like that... On Friday, the manager called me at 3pm to tell me that he was not feeling well. At 4pm, she said he was getting a bit better and asked me to visit him. At 6pm, as I was on my way, she called me and asked me urgently to take him to the vet's ER but when I finally arrived there, the lady laid him in my arms and he cried out his last breath. He died in my arms less than 30 seconds I entered the refuge... That's the end of this week's sad note.

Now, back to our little dried shrimp. At the dawn of her third week. Myrtille is doing fine and... we are getting old.. Ahem... We are accumulating a huge amount of lack of sleep... Hope it will get better quickly.

Actually, I forgot to present her Chinese name, her name is : 曉萄, pronounced "Hiu To", it means "knowing" and "vine", as written in the Bible, God is the vine, and we pray that our little kiddo will walk in His path and take pleasure to know about Him. Also, vine and myrtille are both purple colored fruits which reminds us that we are to bear the Holy Spirit's fruits.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23


Full of meaning, isn't it?

So this week little pictures compilation:

Myrtille 13h old
She was still 13 hours old. A little extra here.

Myrtille 3rd Week
Myrtille napping in the morning... After a messy night having us both rounding.. I was awake from 12 to 2:30 AM to make her sleep and Yukyin was awake from 4 to 6 for the same reason... Baahhh... need to have her reversing day and night back to the right hours.

Two Family pictures:

Family Picture
Taken at the hospital on her third day :)

Family Picture 3rd Week
Taken on her third week :)

And two other candid shots:

Myrtille in Raymond's arms (1/2)

Myrtille in Raymond's arms (2/2)
She was in our fellowship's Raymond's arms feeling nice and confortable.

That's it for Myrtille's news. Hope you like it.

Thanks again for all your prayers, I hope you don't mind me asking you to continue to pray for us :) Please pray for our health as we are getting tired by the endless repetitive meals of our little squid.

5 comments:

mindofconcrete said...

Condoléances pour ton lapin Frangin...

Eugene said...

She's too cute to be a squid. Don't be so hard on her. =)

Hope you two are surviving without sleep. I feel your pain.

Valutin said...

Merci Marco.

Eugene... I start to be fed up... it's rare for me, but I am getting nervous against her... need to calm down.

hottomiruku said...

ummm hope you're not awake at this hour...

hey i think she's a kind of fruit, not seafood..or are you gonna rename her?

maybe you can fedex her to me so instead of you being fed up, she'll be so fed up by my crazy squeezing that she'll try her best to sleep at nite to avoid me (isn't it just a perfect plan to switch her clock)

words from a zero-parenting-experience-squeezer may not be very comforting, but i do wish you the best and hope your sweetness overrides bitterness as she'll be like 9000years old before you know it and the wildness now will form a piece in this unique and amazing journey

when you feel like rocks, recall the feather-like feeling when the things are not in your control

coz you family is in care of a greater hand.

my wish now -> (◎^▼^◎)(^v^)(*^▽^*)


p.s. old habit.......ummmmmm

Valutin said...

Thanks Mimi

Hope your mum is getting better.

You'll be able to lay your hands on her pretty soon. :)

Post a Comment